Welcome to this week’s (Feb 16 – Feb 23) weekly digest for Developers. In this post we round up all the news, headlines and useful developer blog posts from all around the world that happened in last week and were related to Windows Phone and Windows 8 development.
News Sites & Official Blogs
- New UI and capabilities for Windows Phone App Studio Beta developers
- Update from SkyDrive to OneDrive now live for Windows Phone 8
- Scaling Windows Phone, evolving Windows 8
- Promote your Windows Phone apps with ease using App Promo
- DVLUP Campaigns: Effective App Promotion at Your Fingertips
- AdDuplex Windows Phone Statistics Report for February 2014
- Mobile World Congress, Microsoft and Nokia
- Turn your hobby into an app, and your app into a business
- Tune in to the Live Webcast of Nokia Press Event from MWC 2014
- Introducing Bing Code Search for C#
- Microsoft Announces New Developer Program For Windows Unity Developers, Win Surface, WP8 Devices And More
- Publication: How the Most Successful Apps Monetize Globally
- Effects of being featured in Red Stripe deals on Windows Phone
- How to change #WindowsPhone 8 Lock Screen background?
- Build an instruction video pivot page for Windows Phone apps
- The Windows Phone app store is full of apps, but also full of possibilities
- How to build a custom Application Bar for your Windows Phone app (the easy way)
- Windows Phone App Promotion
- Talk About Your App
- WPDevFusion is back!
- Windows 8.1 Developers Contest in 12 countries
- Building Great #WinApps: Custom WinJS controls
- Announcing WindowsAppDev.com (and other site updates)
- Introducing WinJS TouchControls
- Build for both–an instruction video pivot page for Windows store apps
- Windows 8.1–Playing with a “Responsive Grid”
- Creating strongly typed WinRT resources
- Views for types that aren’t View Models
- Special offer for Unity3D Devs Targeting Windows
- A behavior to replace LayoutAwarePage in Windows Store and Windows Phone apps
- Using APIs for new app ideas
- Episode 148 – “Minnows, Dolphins and Whales”
- WWSDev: The Story of Glenn Versweyveld, fun app lover and MVP from Belgium
- How do we know if mobile apps are secure?
- Monetizing Apps
- Native vs HTML5 – You’re Asking The Wrong Question
- Using Portable Class Libraries in iOS and Android Apps
Submit your Articles
Whenever you write a blog post related to Windows Phone/Windows Store app development, we would like to share it with the development community. Please do us a favor and use the Contribute section to send us link to your post. We will make sure to feature it in our next weekly digest.
If you find this useful then do make sure to come back every week for this digest. Follow @SuperDevRes42 for updates via Twitter.
Thanks to all the news sites and to all super developers for sharing your knowledge. Keep writing and sharing.
In case we missed any important news/blog post of the week from above, please don’t hesitate to add it in the comments for the benefit of everyone. We will make sure to update our post in such case. Thank you!