Welcome to this week’s (Feb 9 – Feb 16) weekly digest for Developers. In this post we round up all the news, headlines and useful developer blog posts from all around the world that happened in last week and were related to Windows Phone and Windows 8 development.
News Sites & Official Blogs
- Enhancements to the App download and In-app purchase reports
- Hill Climb Racing – A Monetization Success
- Reduced Windows Phone Certification Times
- Your Apps Are Worth More than You Think!
- The 30 winning apps selected for design makeovers
- Windows Phone 8.1 – Microsoft quietly sends invites for confidential SDK Dev Preview program
- Developers react to the Windows Phone 8.1 SDK leaks
- Windows Phone Store permissions flaw patched by Microsoft, allowed apps to access photos
- Improvements to the ListView control in WinJS 2.0
- The Microsoft YouthSpark Challenge for Change is back for a second year!
- Register now for Nokia Developer Day at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
- Five Tips to Improve User Efficiency in your apps
- Making a Love Connection? Build relationships to promote your apps
- Windows Phone DVLUP Global Campaign Lessons Learned
- Windows Phone App Promotion for Southeast USA
- PodcastWP – Helper Library for new wp-podcast URI Scheme
- Localizing your Windows Phone app – why and how?
- Drawing translucent shapes and lines on a Windows Phone 8 Map
- Windows Phone 8 with Caliburn Micro: Data Binding
- Lessons in Mobile App Monetization
- Windows Phone App Makeover By Design Guru Arturo Toledo
- Why you should develop Windows Phone apps
- LexDB performance tuning in a Windows 8 Store app
- Build for both–an instruction video pivot page for Windows store apps
- Combining WinJS, TypeScript, jQuery and KnockOut
- Understanding Peak-Finding
- Inheritance in XAML Styles
- An app developers guide to patent demand letters
- Episode 147 – “The Internet of Nail Shooters”
- The new Portable Class Library for SQLite
Submit your Articles
Whenever you write a blog post related to Windows Phone/Windows Store app development, we would like to share it with the development community. Please do us a favor and use the Contribute section to send us link to your post. We will make sure to feature it in our next weekly digest.
If you find this useful then do make sure to come back every week for this digest. Follow @SuperDevRes42 for updates via Twitter.
Thanks to all the news sites and to all super developers for sharing your knowledge. Keep writing and sharing.
In case we missed any important news/blog post of the week from above, please don’t hesitate to add it in the comments for the benefit of everyone. We will make sure to update our post in such case. Thank you!