Welcome to this week’s (Jan 19 – Jan 26) weekly digest for Developers. In this post we round up all the news, headlines and useful developer blog posts from all around the world that happened in last week and were related to Windows Phone and Windows 8 development.
News Sites & Official Blogs
- IN YOUR OWN WORDS – Eddie Kezeli, ProShot developer
- Best free Windows Phone indie games for January 2014
- Promote your Windows Phone apps with Inneractive or AdDuplex Campaigns
- Pikura Stands out from the crowd with user-generated photo challenges
- Fabulous facts about Windows Phone and the opportunity for developers
- Unit Testing Could Save You Time and Money
- UI improvements for My Study Life send app to head of the class
- WPDev Fusion “New Year” virtual developer event takes place tomorrow
- Developers can opt to disable screenshot functionality in their GDR3 apps
- Understanding and resolving failures in Windows Store apps
- More control for app developers in the Windows Store
- Microsoft’s Windows 8.1 Update 1: Rumored release target is March 11
- My Favorite Windows & Windows Phone Apps #1
- Microsoft Xbox LIVE 12-Month Gold Membership now in Rewards
- Nokia Developer launches revamped website in beta
- AdDuplex Stats: More Windows Phones were sold to end users in Q4, 2013 than Q3
- Creating An App With Windows Phone App Studio–Part 2
- Tips and Tricks for Developing PhoneGap Apps for Windows Phone 8
- How to check the supported Camera Type in Windows Phone?
- How to authenticate users with the uservoice API on Windows Phone
- How to integrate the feedback forum of uservoice into your Windows Phone app
- How to integrate tickets from uservoice into your Windows Phone app
- How not to highlight alternate items in a virtualised list
- Second PluralSight Course Published: Core Telerik Windows Phone 8 Controls
- Disabling screenshot functionality in a Windows Phone app
- Windows Phone Series – Incremental Loading multiple data sources inside a Pivot
- Héritage et désérialisation Json
- Guest Post – Windows Phone Development – FAQs v1.0
- Windows Phone Custom Live Tiles
- Apps for WPDevs
- Choosing the right serialization engine for your Windows Store app
- Windows 8.1, Visual Studio 2013 and “Debug Installed App Package”
- Windows 8.1 Store Apps, Prism and Visual Studio Templates
- Announcing Spinkit.Xaml
- Developer guide to write Windows 8.1 Store App using Live Connect SDK
- Building Great #WinApps: Introduction
- WinJS helper for converting from WinJS.xhr to HttpClient
- Adding an Extension SDK dependency to your NuGet package
- Icons In Accent Color
- Get Children & Grandchildren
- Building Great #WinApps: Platforms a plenty
- Episode 145 – “$1,000 Socks”
Submit your Articles
Whenever you write a blog post related to Windows Phone/Windows Store app development, we would like to share it with the development community. Please do us a favor and use the Contribute section to send us link to your post. We will make sure to feature it in our next weekly digest.
If you find this useful then do make sure to come back every week for this digest. Follow @SuperDevRes42 for updates via Twitter.
Thanks to all the news sites and to all super developers for sharing your knowledge. Keep writing and sharing.
In case we missed any important news/blog post of the week from above, please don’t hesitate to add it in the comments for the benefit of everyone. We will make sure to update our post in such case. Thank you!