Welcome to this week’s (Jan 26 – Feb 2) weekly digest for Developers. In this post we round up all the news, headlines and useful developer blog posts from all around the world that happened in last week and were related to Windows Phone and Windows 8 development.
News Sites & Official Blogs
- Tips to help get your app promoted in the Windows Phone Store
- Help increase downloads with these quick tips for promoting your app
- Aerize switches from BlackBerry to Windows Phone app development
- Win One of 30 Free Windows Phone Design Consultations for your app
- 5,000 Reward Points up for grabs – get yourself a free Lumia
- Learn how to win a free Windows Phone design consultation
- AdDuplex Windows Phone Statistics Report for January 2014
- AdDeals Network: $10,000 for Windows Phone developers!
- Microsoft announces SkyDrive will soon be renamed OneDrive
- UK consumer protection group decrees guidelines for IAPs by April 1st
- Win an Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle and Nokia Lumia 822
- How a #WPDev can identify whether shutter was pressed Half or Full?
- Creating An App With Windows Phone App Studio–Part 3
- Introducing the UserVoice WP8 library for user features
- Handling Speech Recognition in unsupported languages
- Windows Phone: Progress Indicator Plus
- Building Great #WinApps: Your first WinJS app, part 1
- Storage Permissions in WinRT
- Windows 8.1 Developer Training, Geek Edition : (01) Overview
- Website to App — The Web App Template Simplifies Windows App Development
- Using Windows 8 to build Windows 8 apps
- Kinect for Windows SDK C++ Samples
- Porting Desktop Apps to Windows 8.1 Store Apps
- Build a Windows 8.1 App before dessert with Project Siena – Video Version
- How to make an app logo that doesn’t suck
- Get feedback on your logo
- how to get unique device id for Windows 8 and Windows Phone app
- Why isn’t People-Centric UI Design taking off?
- Android++: A native extension for Android app development in Visual Studio
- WWSDev: the story of Michael Crump, long time developer from Telerik and MVP
Submit your Articles
Whenever you write a blog post related to Windows Phone/Windows Store app development, we would like to share it with the development community. Please do us a favor and use the Contribute section to send us link to your post. We will make sure to feature it in our next weekly digest.
If you find this useful then do make sure to come back every week for this digest. Follow @SuperDevRes42 for updates via Twitter.
Thanks to all the news sites and to all super developers for sharing your knowledge. Keep writing and sharing.
In case we missed any important news/blog post of the week from above, please don’t hesitate to add it in the comments for the benefit of everyone. We will make sure to update our post in such case. Thank you!