In this article, we present to you a curated list of Photoshop tutorials to help you achieve cool photo manipulation effects.
From producing vintage, old photo effects to creating trendy double exposure effect, from age progression to duotone and movie like cinematic effects – you can learn a wide array of techniques by following these Photoshop photo effect tutorials and give your image editing workflow a boost.
In all these tutorials, you start with a stock photo and apply different photo editing techniques in Photoshop on it to recreate these amazing effects digitally. You can start with your own set of captured images or you can go to premium sites like PhotoDune and CreativeMarket to find the perfect images to play with.
You may also want to take a look at this list of sites that offer completely free for commercial use images. Either way, combine your imagination with photos and turn them into awesome digital artworks.
For creating the featured image (as seen above) for this post, I was inspired by duotone photo effect tutorial listed below and I picked up free image of city scape from Unsplash as my base image.
All these tutorials are for beginner and intermediate level users. This list also includes some YouTube videos that we have put together in a separate section of video tutorials. You may as well want to use the techniques shown in these tutorials along with different text effects in Photoshop for creating flyers, brochures and designing magazine covers for your next design project. Have fun!
Photoshop Photo Effect Tutorials
Following along the tutorials below, you’ll have few tricks up your sleeve for your own project or client work.
1. How To Create a Colorful Fluoro Duotone Photo Effect
2. Learn How to Create a Lomo (Lomographic) Effect in Photoshop
3. Make a Trendy Double Exposure Effect in Adobe Photoshop
4. Antique a Photo Using Textures in 3 Quick Steps
5. Vintage Photo Effect in Photoshop
6. Tutorial: Tilt-Shift Miniature Effect in Photoshop
7. How To Create a Realistic Pencil Sketch Effect in Photoshop
8. How to Turn a Photo Into a Beautiful Painting in Photoshop
9. Transform a Photo into a LEGO Block Piece of Art in Photoshop
10. Tutorial: Nashville Effect in Photoshop
11. How To Create a Text Portrait Effect in Photoshop
12. Shape Cluster Photo Display With Photoshop CC
13. Manipulate a Portrait Photo to Create a Splatter Paint Effect
14. How to Make Someone Look Older in Adobe Photoshop
15. Design Vintage Artwork With Old Newspaper & Watercolor Brush In Photoshop
16. Tutorial: Create 3D Anaglyph Effect in Photoshop
17. How To Create a Grainy B&W High Fashion Photo Effect
18. Surreal Kaleidoscope Portrait Photoshop Tutorial
19. How to Create a Dramatic Portrait Effect in Photoshop
20. How to Make a Realistic Watercolor Painting in Photoshop
21. How To Create a Distorted VHS Effect in Photoshop
Video Tutorials: Photoshop Photo Effects
Video tutorials have the advantage that you can see every step in action. And personally I prefer them over written tutorials. Here are some well explained video tutorials for you. Enjoy!
1. Realistic Money Effect in Photoshop
2. How To Blur Backgrounds In Photoshop – Shallow Depth of Field Effect
3. Cinematic Color Grading (Movie Look Effect) in Photoshop
4. How to make a POP ART portrait from a Photo
Grab some cool Pop Art Elements from our freebies section.
5. Six Ways to Create a Vignette in Photoshop
6. How To Change Hair Color In Photoshop
7. Video Tutorial: Cartoon Character Effect in Photoshop
8. Swap Faces With Photoshop
9. Create and Apply Color Effects Using Lookup Tables in Photoshop
Photoshop is an amazingly versatile tool and our aim is to keep bringing the best tutorials to make your work easier as a designer. If you like this collection of tutorials, do share this post on your social media channels, we would hugely appreciate that. And do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get new posts in your inbox every week.
More Photoshop Tutorials:
1 thought on “30 Photoshop Photo Effect Tutorials to Improve your Skills”