The number of companies entering the SaaS market is growing rapidly. Experts predict that it is expected to reach over $130 billion by 2020.
This means that the competition is getting fiercer with each passing day. If you are in the SaaS market and want to stay competitive, you’ll need some effective marketing strategies that will help you get as many new subscribers as possible.
1. Create Great Content
As a SaaS company, you need to inform customers about how your service works and emphasize its benefits. High-quality blog content will help you achieve this even if your budget is tight. What type of content should you focus on creating? Here are some ideas:
- Podcasts and expert guides to tell customers how your software will solve their problems.
- Testimonials and case studies to convince potential customers to choose your product over your competitors’.
- E-books, social posts, and white papers to establish yourself as an authority in your industry.
Think about the keywords your customers may use when looking for your product in search engines. Then, use these keywords on your website pages to improve your SERPs rankings.
2. Make Sure Your Registration Forms are Simple
Your registration form is very important because it’s the place where conversions happen. If faced with long and complicated registration forms, your potential clients might get annoyed and leave.
Ensure that your registration form is short and simple, asking only for the necessary information (username, password, email) to make the process fast and easy.
3. Offer Free Trials
Free trials are a great way to allow prospects to understand how your software works, see its benefits and convince them to subscribe. But be careful about how you offer free trials to your customers. Don’t offer all the features at once because there will be no reasons for the prospects to subscribe.
4. Offer Outstanding Customer Service
Poor customer support can be really annoying and force your customers to switch to another service provider. Here are some tips to help you ensure your customer service rocks:
- Add a customer support link or contact where it will be visible and easy to find.
- If possible, offer human support agents instead of chatbots. If you must use chatbots, make sure they have enough information related to the customer they are assisting.
- Provide detailed FAQs and troubleshooting tutorials to help users solve their problems quickly and efficiently.
- Offer several support channels like phone, email, social media, live chat, etc. so people can reach you easily.
- Ensure that your staff is well-trained, polite, and patient.
5. Consider Influencer Marketing
When it comes to buying new products, people tend to trust recommendations from people they know, as well as from influencers.
Find people who are influential in your industry and ask them to recommend or share your service with their followers. Influencer marketing will help you get more customers, build a solid following, and boost brand recognition.
6. Rely on Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is an excellent way to provide your SaaS with a constant stream of leads.
Your current customers can drive quite a lot of revenue for you, so consider paying them a commission every time they refer your software to others.
7. List on SaaS Review Sites
When deciding whether they should subscribe to your service, people will probably visit SaaS review sites to compare you with your competitors, check out the comments from existing customers, and find out more about your software’s performance.
That’s why you need to list on review websites like Capterra, Discover Cloud, or Trust Radius.
Keep in mind that SaaS marketing differs from regular digital marketing. If you are struggling with profit loss, consider hiring a professional SaaS marketing agency to help you stay on track.